Microsoft is releasing new Windows 11 builds for Insiders, which includes several new features such as a Facebook widget, a modernized Details pane in File Explorer, and other enhancements.
Microsoft is releasing new Windows 11 builds for Insiders, which includes several new features such as a Facebook widget, a modernized Details pane in File Explorer enhancements.
Microsoft is introducing a host of new features for Windows 11 Insiders, with new builds now available across the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels of the Insider program. While the majority of the updates apply to the Dev channel, users across all channels can enjoy the latest additions, including a new Facebook widget.
A recently added widget for the Facebook app.
The collection of widgets available on Windows 11 has been steadily expanding, and Facebook is the latest to contribute to this ecosystem with a new widget for its main app. While Facebook had previously introduced a widget for its Messenger app, this latest addition allows users to view all their social network notifications such as new posts, comments, and invitations, directly from the widget without the need to launch the app itself.
Users can access the Facebook widget across the Canary, Dev, and Beta channels of Windows 11, provided that they have the latest version of the Facebook app installed on their device.
The Details pane in File Explorer receives a functional upgrade.
For Windows 11 Insiders subscribed to the Dev channel and operating on build 23451, Microsoft is currently testing a redesigned Details pane that offers additional information about a file. This includes suggested files that may be linked to the file, as well as email conversations where the file was either included or referenced. The news of this revamped pane was initially reported a few weeks ago, and it is now being made available for testing purposes.
In addition to displaying related files and other associated content, the updated Details pane also features a file’s activity history and a simplified share button. With a modern design that blends seamlessly with the Windows 11 interface, this latest enhancement helps create a more cohesive user experience.
At present, the modernized Details pane is only available for a select group of Windows 11 Insiders subscribed to the Dev channel.
Enhancements to Windows Spotlight.
In addition to the previously mentioned updates, Microsoft is also testing improvements to Windows Spotlight in the Dev channel. As part of this effort, the company is experimenting with two different approaches. The first involves a more sophisticated UI that provides a greater amount of information about the displayed picture, related images, and both full-screen and minimized views. Additionally, both treatment options will offer 4K portrait images that aim to enhance the quality of Windows Spotlight backgrounds on high-resolution displays.
As the selection of which treatment to apply is at random, the degree of change you experience may vary based on the option that is presented to you.
Windows 11 build 23451 comes with several other upgrades designed to enhance the user experience for Windows Insiders in the Dev channel. For instance, the widget picker feature, previously exclusive to the Canary channel, has been made available to all. Additionally, animated widget icons, which were previously accessible in other channels, have also been added. Moreover, the start menu account notification badging has been expanded, while Microsoft is also experimenting with a new feature that presents more personalized content in the Recommended section of the Start menu. This feature may display website recommendations based on your browsing history.
Regarding accessibility, Microsoft has made some improvements to the functionality of Narrator with Excel, enhancing the way it reads content for better efficiency. Additionally, the reach of live caption support has been extended to include a broader range of dialects and countries.
In the Canary channel, there is some noteworthy news in that build 25357 has made the new audio mixer available to all users.
The Dev channel of Windows 11 build 23451 comes with a host of fixes and enhancements.
For those using the Dev channel of Windows 11 build 23451, there are several fixes and improvements included:
TASKBAR & SYSTEM TRAY :-
- In Windows 11 build 23451 (Dev), a fix has been implemented for an explorer.exe crash that was causing issues with taskbar reliability.
- An issue has been resolved which caused Quick Settings and its project options to not respond occasionally when attempting to close them using ALT + F4.
START MENU :-
- This update for Windows 11 build 23451 in the Dev channel includes a fix for an issue where the Recommended section in Start would appear blank the first time it was opened.
FILE EXPLORER :-
The following issues were addressed for Insiders who previewed the Windows App SDK version of File Explorer:
- The Windows 11 build 23451 in the Dev channel includes a fix for an underlying issue that caused explorer.exe to crash when opening the context menu in the previous flight for some Insiders.
The tabs in File Explorer should now display correctly for users who have an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
The following issues were addressed for Insiders who use Gallery in File Explorer:
- This issue has been fixed where the scrollbar in Gallery appeared on the wrong side for Insiders who were using an Arabic or Hebrew display language.
- This issue was resolved in which the Gallery will now display check boxes on images if the Item Check Boxes setting is enabled.
- The team worked on addressing an underlying issue that was causing Search to become unresponsive and not open, which could result in a delay in opening the Start menu.
- The Windows team resolved an issue in Windows 11 build 23451 where the Pinyin IME’s insert text button was not appearing correctly in certain cases.
- An underlying crash affecting the ability to launch the touch keyboard or PIN entry on the login screen has been resolved.
- The issue of caption characters being clipped on the top of the default height window’s second line has been resolved.
- The Windows 11 build 23451 (Dev) includes enhancements to the speech recognition language files that aim to improve their performance. Additionally, new features have been added to provide out-of-language filtering to limit incorrect captions for speech not in the caption language.
- The problem of the down key not correctly jumping to the first line of the landmark while navigating by landmark with Narrator in Edge has been fixed.
The Beta channel release of Windows 11 build 22624.1690 (and 22621.1690) contains several enhancements and fixes, including:
- The builds 22621.1690 and 22624.1690 of Windows 11 in the Beta channel include a number of changes and improvements.
- We are experimenting with adding alerts in the Settings > Accounts section to encourage users to add a recovery email address or phone number to their Microsoft account, which can help prevent them from losing access to their account.
START MENU :-
- We are experimenting with a minor modification for certain Windows Insiders where the “Recommended” segment of the Start menu is replaced with “For you”. If you come across this change, please share your thoughts with us through the Feedback Hub.
- Fixes in Build 22624.1690
- An additional solution has been implemented to address the underlying issue that caused the crash when launching the touch keyboard/PIN entry on the login screen.
- We addressed another pattern for 2FA codes that was not being recognized and resolved the issue. If you encounter any other patterns that are not recognized, please provide feedback through the appropriate channels.
TASK MANAGER :-
- Made changes to address an issue where unrelated processes were getting grouped under Microsoft Edge randomly.
- An issue that was affecting the reliability of Task Manager has been resolved.
- Improved the visibility of the search icon for users with contrast themes.
- We have reduced the width of the navigation pane and adjusted the text wrapping to ensure better display.
- Access keys have been added to the submenu for creating live kernel memory dump files.
- The issue where pressing Enter while keyboard focus is on a section in the Performance page was not switching sections has been fixed.
- The ability to resize Task Manager from the top of the window has been fixed and should now work properly.
The Canary builds don’t come with a detailed changelog as usual. If you’re enrolled in any of these channels, you can get these updates by going to the Settings app and checking for updates. The updates will be installed automatically at some point.
Additional More :-
Microsoft has announced the latest update for its operating system, Windows 11, which includes some exciting new features. One of the most notable additions is a Facebook widget that will allow users to access their Facebook feed directly from their desktop. This feature will provide users with easy access to their Facebook account without the need to open a separate browser window.
Another feature that has been enhanced in the latest Windows 11 update is the File Explorer. Microsoft has made several improvements to the File Explorer to make it more user-friendly and efficient. Users will now be able to access frequently used files more easily and quickly, and the search functionality has been improved to make it more accurate and responsive.
Overall, the latest Windows 11 update is set to provide users with a more seamless and integrated experience. The addition of the Facebook widget and the enhanced File Explorer will make it easier for users to access their favorite apps and files, improving productivity and efficiency. Windows 11 is shaping up to be a great operating system, and these new updates will only make it better. So, be sure to update your system to enjoy the latest features of Windows 11, including the Facebook widget and enhanced File Explorer.
In addition to the Facebook widget and enhanced File Explorer, the latest Windows 11 update also brings some other exciting features. One of the most notable improvements is the integration of Microsoft Teams directly into the taskbar. With this integration, users will be able to quickly join meetings and chat with colleagues without having to open the Teams app separately.
Another notable addition is the support for Android apps on Windows 11. This feature will allow users to download and run Android apps on their Windows 11 device, providing them with access to a wider range of apps and services.
Furthermore, Microsoft has also improved the virtual desktop feature in Windows 11, making it more intuitive and user-friendly. Users will be able to customize their virtual desktops more easily and switch between them seamlessly.
Overall, the latest Windows 11 update offers a range of exciting new features that are designed to improve productivity and enhance the user experience. With the addition of the Facebook widget, enhanced File Explorer, Microsoft Teams integration, support for Android apps, and improved virtual desktops, Windows 11 is becoming a more versatile and powerful operating system. So, if you haven’t already updated your system, make sure to do so and enjoy the latest features that Windows 11 has to offer.
Question : What is the latest update for Windows 11, and what new features does it bring?
Answer : The latest update for Windows 11 includes several new features, including a Facebook widget that allows users to access their Facebook feed directly from their desktop. Additionally, the File Explorer has been enhanced to make it more user-friendly and efficient, and Microsoft Teams has been integrated into the taskbar. Other improvements include support for Android apps on Windows 11 and enhanced virtual desktop functionality.
Question : How will the Facebook widget in Windows 11 benefit users?
Answer : The Facebook widget in Windows 11 will provide users with easy access to their Facebook account without the need to open a separate browser window. This will allow users to stay connected with their social network and receive updates without interrupting their work or other activities.
Question : What enhancements have been made to the File Explorer in Windows 11?
Answer : Microsoft has made several improvements to the File Explorer in Windows 11 to make it more user-friendly and efficient. Users will now be able to access frequently used files more easily and quickly, and the search functionality has been improved to make it more accurate and responsive.
Question : Can users run Android apps on Windows 11?
Answer : Yes, the latest update for Windows 11 includes support for Android apps, which means users can download and run Android apps on their Windows 11 device.
Question : How will the Microsoft Teams integration benefit Windows 11 users?
Answer : The integration of Microsoft Teams into the taskbar will allow users to quickly join meetings and chat with colleagues without having to open the Teams app separately. This will improve productivity and make it easier for users to collaborate with others.
Question : How has the virtual desktop functionality been improved in Windows 11?
Answer : Microsoft has improved the virtual desktop functionality in Windows 11 to make it more intuitive and user-friendly. Users will be able to customize their virtual desktops more easily and switch between them seamlessly, which will enhance productivity and make it easier to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
In conclusion, the latest update for Windows 11 brings several exciting new features that are designed to enhance productivity and improve the user experience. The addition of the Facebook widget, enhanced File Explorer, Microsoft Teams integration, support for Android apps, and improved virtual desktops will make Windows 11 a more versatile and powerful operating system.